pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] selecting more groups?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] selecting more groups?
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 08:47:51 +0000 (UTC)

David Melik posted on Sat, 11 Nov 2017 05:28:44 +0000 as excerpted:

> Isn't there a way to select many groups at once?  The standard multi-
> selection shortcut such as in file managers is <SHIFT> then arrow or
> right mouse button.  Recently someone spammed most of around 200 groups
> I'm in, and at other times, I'd want to mark something from maybe 1/3 to
> 90% my groups read, unless I posted recently?  It takes a few minutes to
> use <CTRL> and right mouse button to select hundreds individually.

Both shift-click (left, no idea where you got shift-right-click) and ctrl-
left-click work fine to select multiple groups in the group list here,
shift for range-select and ctrl for non-contiguous-select, as appropriate.

That's with live-git pan built with gtk2, on gentoo linux, with that
behavior being consistent as long as I remember, even back in the pan
0.14 and earlier era, before the C++ rewrite.  But for all I know the gtk3
behavior could be different, or for that matter, gtk2 /or/ gtk3, on ms.

And FWIW, the keyboard parallel using shift-arrow and ctrl-arrow (to
move, plus space to actually select) works as well.

Right-click has a different purpose, opening the context menu.  (If you
want to open it after selecting multiple groups, select the multiple
groups using left-click or arrow/space, then right-click to get the
context menu.)