pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] edit ignored thread list?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] edit ignored thread list?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:35:35 +0000 (UTC)

David Melik posted on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 09:57:41 +0000 as excerpted:

> How do you see/edit the ignored threads list?  I'm reading about 200
> newsgroups, including one or two pretty full of foreign-language
> marketing/religious spam (most don't have any spam nowadays) and
> accidentally ignored several threads, instead of authors, and perhaps
> some, accidentally, which were relevant threads.

In pan, watched and ignored are both simply scores, +/-9999.  It follows
that as with any score, to directly edit them you edit the scorefile.

Meanwhile, the thread scoring mechanism matches against the message-ID of
the original message, in the references header.

A leading % symbol indicates a comment line, and pan verbosely comments
the scores it adds, with each of pan's added scores both starting and
ending with a comment, beginning/end of score.

In general, pan uses the slrn scorefile format, tho it doesn't do the
advanced stuff like include files, is (AFAIK) always case insensitive,
and last I knew, only supported OR conditions, not AND, and no nesting.

http://slrn.sourceforge.net/docs/score.txt

FWIW, there's an extremely good chance you can vastly simplify your
scorefile if you wish, condensing many individually added single rules
and sections into multiple rules in far fewer sections.  I've posted
details and examples from my own scorefile before, and can do so again if
you're interested and don't want to go dredging thru list/group history
to find those discussions.