pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan repository on Gitlab / manual sync

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan repository on Gitlab / manual sync
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 19:48:30 +0100

On Mon 28 Oct 2019 at 17:40:16 +0100, Detlef Graef wrote:
> I want to keep my fork of Pan on Gitlab
> (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/pan) in sync with the upstream
> repository. But I don't know how to do this. I prefer a manual sync, but
> mirroring would also be ok.
> Question is how to do this? Somewhere in the Web-UI?

I have done this (a pull mirror) a few times on gitlab
(e.g. for https://gitlab.com/Rhialto/klh-10). At
https://gitlab.com/Rhialto/klh-10/-/settings/repository I can click
"expand" on "Mirroring repositories" and there I have set up a Pull
mirror. It seems that once you have set up a Pull, you can't add
another (but you can add Push ones).

> Do I need to upload my ssh-key for this?

That could be a thing, since "SSH public key" is an option for
authentication (to the other repo, I suppose). The other option is
"Password".

> Detlef
-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on