pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Have you ever used pan to download and display yEnc enco

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Have you ever used pan to download and display yEnc encoded messages?
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2021 23:14:48 +0100

On Sat 13 Mar 2021 at 14:01:39 -0800, Rickbrown wrote:
> John: What behavior do you see? What is the magic that happens?

Just to add to the mix: Initially, I see only 2 headers in this group,
with dates wildly into the future. Neither of them has "yEnc" in the
title, which is one of the requirements for yEnc files.

When I choose to download "all headers", I see a bit more: some random
gibberish namesi, including yEnc. I would not expect to see train
picures from those. If I "download attachments" on one of them, I get 1
file with a gibberish names, and the "file" command cannot identify the
file type.

> -Rick
-Olaf.
--
___ Q: "What's an anagram of Banach-Tarski?"  -- Olaf "Rhialto" Seibert
\X/ A: "Banach-Tarski Banach-Tarski."         -- rhialto at falu dot nl