pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] References header posting error patch?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] References header posting error patch?
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 08:11:07 -0000 (UTC)

Dominique Dumont posted on Sun, 10 Oct 2021 11:53:25 +0200 as excerpted:

> On mercredi 6 octobre 2021 19:51:50 CEST Duncan wrote:
>> Now that we're getting a somewhat workable pan again, the biggest
>> remaining issue I've been seeing is the posting error due to pan
>> messing up the references header (bad character conversion I believe).
>
> I've tested followup post with pan from git and I got no problem. Here's
> the relevant output of pan --debug

Try replying to a message with a longer message-id.  See below...

> Could you test on your side ?

It's intermittent but I'm still seeing it, altho I've not updated in a
few days.

I follow mailing lists, including this one, using pan via gmane.io.  So
assuming this posts you can see the git commit I'm on in the user-agent
header.

While I've not tried pan --debug yet (just went back to work so suddenly
have less time again), I know some replies post just fine, while others
the server refuses and I get an error in the log:

Posting of "Re: Whatever title" failed: 441 Invalid syntax encountered in
References header field body (unexpected byte or empty content line)

The post does end up in pan's sent folder, however, and (after a pan
restart so it shows as cached), I can look at it there.

Again on gmane.io, an example that fails a reply (still the newest thread
as I post this):