[Paparazzi-devel] On-board power systems

From: William Hubbard
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] On-board power systems
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:55:54 -0700

Hello,

I just joined the list. I am interested in implementing an autonomous flight system in one of my airplanes (one of these days). I have a power generator (like what can be seen on my web site at: http://www.rcnightflying.com/nfimages9.html ) to provide power to the radio and to charge the batteries in flight - and to power lights for night flying.

I need a complete power supply/system that can be driven by the generator to charge the batteries, power the receiver, and provide 3.3V, 5V & +/-12V power taps for various on-board components -- and get its input power from the batteries if and when the engine is not running or is at low idle. Power systems are my weakness, so I am hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction toward finding or developing a system that will provide this. Any tips?

Thanks,
Bill