[Fwd: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help for compiling the ground segment]

From: Antoine
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help for compiling the ground segment]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:57:04 +0200

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help for compiling the ground segment Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:52:52 +0200 User-agent: Debian Thunderbird 1.0.2 (X11/20050331)

Hi Martial
- the doc is not finished ( hardly started ) and obsolete / I'm sorry - we'll fix that someday , but this task should really be done by a native speaker

- you shouldn't need to set PERL5LIB - I don't know if you're using paparazzi2 or 3 it's slightly different - come on IRC and I'll tell you live

- for sending a message to the ground station, just define your message in conf/messages.xml

for sending it use the following format
STX ( 0x05)
msg_id
msg_payload
checksum_1
checksum_2
ETX(0x06)

how the checksum is computed can be seen here : paparazzi3/sw/airborne/autopilot/modem.h

After that, it should be automagicaly received by the ground station and forwarded on the ivy bus - you can watch the values of fields in you messages using the sw/ground_segment/tmtc/messages program

For IRC, there is nothing to configure - Connect on Dalnet server and type
/join #paparazzi
once connected

See you there

Antoine

Martial Chateauvieux wrote:

The next thing will be to get messages from the RS232 port. How does work ? What is the format of the messages ?
        1. the easiet to test, will be the radio control channels (I can
                do that at home)
        2. Then the GPS (I can go to the next parking with the rc-car

--- End Message ---