[Paparazzi-devel] New to your project

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] New to your project
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 13:59:15 +0000

Hi,

I'm from Montreal, Canada and I have been looking into your project for the last couple of days.

I have a great interrest for UAV and MAV. I also have some model air plane and microcontroller experiance.

First let me congradulate you for some very impressive results.

I was able to replay the logs and watch the GUI of the ground station do it's thing, etc.

I'd like to hear a little more about the direction of the project.

I have so many questions :)

Basically, should I invest time and money on building the AVR based hardware of paparazzi2 or should I start working on the hardware platform from paparazziv3?

About paparazzi3, will it be IMU based only, or will the IR sensor be usable as well?

I'm confused about the various controlers found in the CVS... What's the difference between tiny and tiny_proto? On the classix, where is there two ARM processors?

Are you planning to have a single CPU (FBW and autopilot) board and a dual CPU (one for FBW and one for autopilot) board?

Do you have an ARM based autopilot airworthy yet?

Do you plan on maintaining support for the airborne hardware of paparazzi2 (AVR) into the paparazzi3 ground station?

I have so many questions, I better stop here for now :)

Thanks in advance!

-yvest