Michel, it refuses to work now! Errors and retrys. What does "poor connection" mentioned in the wiki mean? Does the GPS try communicating with the satellites during GPS configuration?
----- Original Message ----
From: Michel GORRAZ <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 2:57:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny v2 GPS
For the GPS receiver configuration :
- leave all the pins of the "DOWNLOAD" header unconnected : this header
is used only for the Bootloader downloading (done for you) or to connect an external GPS receiver (i'm pretty sure you on't want to do that now :)
- download the UART tunnel program with the regular USB method (USB header)
- unplug the USB cable from the AP USB header and switch off the power supply
- boot on Windows
- plug your serial adapter into the AP "SERIAL" header : you only need to connect TXD1 pin#8 to RX adapter, RXD1 pin#7 to TX adapter and GND pin#1 to GND adapter.
- plug your serial adapter into your computer
- switch on the AP power supply
- now you should be ready to play with UCenter...
2008/1/9, Uttam Chandrashekhar <
While waiting for replacement components to arrive for the sensors, I thought I'll go ahead with the rest of the equipment. Now the GPS. How do I make the cable to install the UART tunnel? Do I use the FTDI serial adapter plugged into the "Download" header? If so, Do I need the "Boot" pin to be attached to ground? The GPS_RESET pin should be left un connected, right?
Once the UART tunnel is loaded into the AP, do I then switch to the normal USB cable to hook in onto a windows based PC to run UCenter?
Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.
Paparazzi-devel mailing list