Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13 Power

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13 Power
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:42:35 GMT

It should only reboot if you cause the 5V supply to sag below 3.5V.  This is nearly impossible to do as the 5V regulator is very powerful and stable.  Maybe you have a bad/backwards input/output capacitor on one of the regulators.  Should be very easy to see with a volt meter.

-- Matthew Currie <address@hidden> wrote:
Group,

 In manual mode, if I cycle the sticks quite fast it seems to reboot
the Tiny13 which will obviously not end well in the air.  This is very
consistent and I can reboot it within seconds every time.  Before I
embark on a deep analysis of power rails here is there any experience
anyone may have for me?  I want to think it is not a thermal issue since
I can reboot it in a mere second repeatedly, or leave it running for 10
minutes and reboot it by cycling the sticks.  I am sure I changed the
tantalum cap to low-ESR which was referenced in the wiki as being
incorrect.  I am running the Tiny13 from a 3S1P (11.5V at this point)
and only have 2 Hitec HS-55 servos installed.  Thanks.

Regards,
Matthew