RE: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LEA-5H Module Freeze after 30 seconds

From: david
Subject: RE: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LEA-5H Module Freeze after 30 seconds
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:58:55 GMT

Hi Martin,

Very good to know. Maybe Paparazzi does something with this at 30sec and
freezes the tunnel and not the LEA-5H freeze? I just saw u-center stop
responding but that could have been the LPC freeze not the LEA-5H.

This is a good example where not having the option in software for NMEA is
going to be a problem. LEA-4P will not be available forever. This is why I
chose to test the LEA_5H.

Can I help in some way?

David Conger

From:     Martin Mueller <address@hidden>
Date:     4/22/08 16:19Subject:  Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LEA-5H Module Freeze
after 30 seconds

Hi David,

> On the downside. After many tests it freezes exactly 30 seconds after power
> on every time. It exactly 30 seconds every time. I did many tests to be sure.
>
> Also, it will freeze instantly upon dong any "send" command. Change any
> setting and hit "send" it will lock up.
>
> Any ideas? This module is amazing. Compared to an LEA-4P it seems a huge leap
> in sensitivity...there's just this little issue of only working for 30sec to
> overcome ;]

the 4->5 migration application note
http://www.u-blox.com/customersupport/ublox5_doc.html says that the
current LEA-5 software has "No UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator
Projection)." This is probably not related to that 30s issue but means
that we need some conversion for Paparazzi.

Martin