Re: [Paparazzi-devel] some question for using paparazzi center

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] some question for using paparazzi center
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:38:00 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
The "launch" button in the GCS is a newer feature and is generated by the aircraft configuration rather than
hard-coded into the GCS so it has not been tied into the "launch" button of the simulator appplet.  Therefore
you have to click "launch" in the GCS to initiate the throttle, then "launch" in the sim applet to
simulate a person throwing the plane. :)
Jeremy, you should play more often with with the Paparazzi system.
The "launch" button just sets the launch variable in the autopilot, which enables the throttle (main_ap.c:361). It is the button which must be used for real takeoff in AUTO2 without RC. The "launch" button in the sim applet sets the ground speed to the nominal speed. Because it is greater than the 5m/s threshold (main_ap.c:453), the launch variable is also set to TRUE, enabling the throttle in AUTO2. So it is required to push only one of these two buttons in simulation.

Editing files in linux is one of the more difficult tasks.  You must be logged on as an
administrator in order to edit files, but the software you use to edit the files cannot
be used by administrators.  It's a foolish catch-22 and many hacks exist as workarounds,
my favorite is to install "Nedit":
su -
apt get install nedit
nedit /etc/sources.list

Nedit works sortof like a regular editor and has most of the same features and
functionality of Microsoft's first version of "edit.com", released in 1981.
No Jeremy, one more time, nobody will get into this debate. Martin, don't reply !
I tried to clarify the usb rules section of the wiki for you:
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Installation#Setting_access_rights_for_USB_download

You should not need a driver for the FTDI, I believe all modern linux versions
already contain it.
On some other operating systems, you have to reinstall the driver each time you plug the cable on a different USB plug. But you don't require any admin privileges to do it, so it does not really matter.

--Pascal

PS: No, I won't add any smiley

-- C Kuo <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi there

  Thanks, I think I got the simulation running now, and I am still learning for
more functions :)

Thanks

                                                            Chen

Quoting Pierre-Selim <address@hidden>:

1) Have you tried to switch the aircraft to the takeoff block before
launching the aircraft.
TJ1 is probably in GPS acquiring block where the aircraft is in
kill_throttle mode which means
that its throttle is forced to 0.