[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Cannot read messages from ap

From: Aniket Aranake
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Cannot read messages from ap
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:01:06 -0400

Mohammad and Gautier,

Thank you very much for your responses. The solution that worked for me follows:

First I created a new session, identical to address@hidden except with a Baudrate of 9600. This allowed me to connect to receive alive messages.

I then followed the instructions on the wiki (http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Airframe_Configuration#Configuring_The_Maxstream_API_Protocol) to increase the Baudrate of the airborne modem and autopilot to 57600. Using a serial terminal I also changed the ground station modem's Baudrate to match.

The only gotcha is the networking/security protocol on Xbee modems. (Digi 9XTend, page 44) I found a quick way to get things to work was to send the command ATMK0 to both modems, which puts them in "sniffer mode" so that they accept packets without discrimination. This isn't a good idea for an airborne plane, but hopefully this post will help somebody else diagnose their downlink.

Thanks again,
Aniket