Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Differential GPS through Paparazzi (James Maday)

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Differential GPS through Paparazzi (James Maday)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:41:29 +0100

Hello,
Please look for the program kinematics (GPL).
Whit the lea4t modules  DGPS is possible with a precision of 30cm.
The T modules cost about 20 Euro more than  the normal.
You need a second base GPS receiver  near the ground  Station and  a uplink to the aircraft.
For altitude measurement we have made a pressure sensor with 24 Bit resolution and  i2c connection.
A other one uses the analogue output of the lpc2148 to get a resolution of 10 bit for 50m by amplifying a voltage difference.
This kind we use on the EMAV08 competition and our first  Quadrocopters.
Pressure sensors can be sampled from freesacle.
You can download the  eagle files from  akaflieg-bremen.de

Regards

Heinrich Warmers

address@hidden schrieb:
Hello James,

what would be the source for the differential signal?
Do you suppose to get it throught the uplink from
the GCS, some kind of local receiver on the AP or
some kind of network-device on the AP?

Marcus