[Paparazzi-devel] Re: no uplink with xbee pro version 2

From: Paul Cox
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: no uplink with xbee pro version 2
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 07:35:14 -0700

Salut Loic,

Before switching to aerocomm modems for better range, I used xBee Pro 2.4 modems (version 2, I believe. I can get you the exact part number). I used the factory settings (no MAC addresses or any specific configuration data programmed) and the modems automatically communicated with each other without any issue. From your text it looks like you're configuring the modems with AT commands and maybe instead you could try the default factory settings to see if this odd symptom disappears. Also, you might look at what serial link protocol your tiny is currently using. It can assume the link is just a simple serial link (which is called PPRZ protocol) or a XBee/Maxstream modem (which is called XBEE protocol, I think). This is set in the makefile portion of the airframe file and there is some sample configs of that option on the wiki. The fact that the range test works fine means your base station modem is probably ok electrically, but if the AC modem is not responsive maybe stick a scope on TX/RX (all the way to the LPC2148 pins) and see if you can ensure all is well there.

Bonne chance,

Paul

Message: 5