Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Offer from a thankful new user

From: Nathan Aherne
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Offer from a thankful new user
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 23:28:56 +1000

Hi Chris,

> Agreed, but why should I care? That's a serious question.

While I am not a fan of money and the negatives it brings this world, it makes
the world go around. When you attract paying customers, it means people value
the product (generally).

Say for instance one of the Paparazzi users got a job implementing a new UAV
project (lets say his names Simeon). When Simeon goes into a presentation to
his boss to present the available autopilots for their brand new $100,000 UAV,
Simeon is going to need as much backup as possible. If the boss chooses
Paparazzi then he has a vested interest in the success of the Paparazzi
software. This means Simeon has time to work on the Paparazzi code so the
Paparazzi community benefits from his code and skills he gain while on the job.
This is why you should care, actually you are probably benefiting from the
commercial use of Paparazzi now.

Kindest regards,

Nathan Aherne
Reddog Technology