Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Maxstream 9XTend required hardware clarification

From: Miles Johnson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Maxstream 9XTend required hardware clarification
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:53:59 -0500

Hi Adam,

You can get the development kit XT09-DK, which comes with two OEM modules and two RS-232 development boards.  You can also do your second option if you prefer.  I have used the XT09-DK without any trouble.

One consideration is to make sure you are OK with the antenna connectors/styles that come with the XT09-DK, one MMCX and one RPSMA.  I was able to use the RPSMA style on the ground, and the MMCX on the vehicle.  The MMCX style antenna is connected to the modem with a short, thin, cable -- not rigidly attached -- which can make it more or less difficult to mount depending on your airframe.
--
miles