Re: [Paparazzi-devel] TWOG Connection Guide needed

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] TWOG Connection Guide needed
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 23:11:50 +0200

hypotheses
imnsho : gps+xbee+3dmg+spektrum = 4 uarts
problem
twog = 2 uarts
solution
gps on i2c = one less uart but lots of cpu load (you're gonna be
polling, dude...)
spektrum + ppm encoder = wiring nightmare
other solutions: get more uarts, or peripherals with differents IOs
hints:
if you wanna keep the lpc2148, the most efficient peripheral is SPI (
think SPI to UART chips )
if you wanna change the rc rx, robbe has a 2.4Ghz rc rx with ppm output
if you wanna change the IMU, alot of them use SPI
or you might wanna change the LPC, do that...

Regards

Poine