[Paparazzi-devel] launchsitl, simstil, Paparazzi Center

From: Maik Hoepfel
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] launchsitl, simstil, Paparazzi Center
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 11:45:26 +0200

Hello,

I tried setting up my session so I can run a Booz simulation from the
Paparazzi center. I have had no luck launching the simsitl executable
though. http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/BoozSimulator says to run

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/jsbsim/lib $PAPARAZZI_SRC/var/BOOZ2_A1/sim/simsitl

which doesn't work launched from the GCS ("exec: 1:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/jsbsim/lib: not found"). Exporting the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in /etc/bash.bashrc surprisingly also did not help,
even when trying to launch it via

bash -c $PAPARAZZI_SRC/var/BOOZ2_A1/sim/simsitl

That yields "/simsitl: error while loading shared libraries:
libJSBSim.so.0: ". This is when I discovered the launchsitl command,
which still fails to launch the sim when run from the GCS. So I
presume the GCS launch environment doesn't honor any environment
variables?

I ended up just hacking a script that launches simsitl directly. This
is not nice, and I'm probably doing something wrong. What is it? :)

Regards,
Maik