AW: [Paparazzi-devel] launchsitl, simstil, Paparazzi Center

From: Roman Nikitin
Subject: AW: [Paparazzi-devel] launchsitl, simstil, Paparazzi Center
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:09:36 +0100

Hi all,

I am back and continue the work on my final year project. As I did stop to work
on my autopilot the old system was used and all my stuff worked just perfect.

Yesterday I did update and now I am using the current system based on
subsystems. The problem I have now is that I does not have communication
between the modems. I have Xbee pro (series 1) modem. The error I can see in
GCS window is

Run '/home/uav/paparazzi3/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link  -d /dev/paparazzi/xbee
-transport xbee -s 57600'
Run '/home/uav/paparazzi3/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/server '
Run '/home/uav/paparazzi3/sw/ground_segment/cockpit/gcs '
Failure("Error opening modem serial device : fd < 0 (/dev/paparazzi/xbee)")
Broadcasting on network 127.255.255.255, port 2010

DONE (exec /home/uav/paparazzi3/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link  -d
/dev/paparazzi/xbee -transport xbee -s 57600 2>&1

I suppose it is something wrong in the codes, but the issue can't be found. My
modems are set up with baud 57600.They worked just fine with old system, I am
pretty sure that no farther changes are required for new subsystem. I am using

<!--Communication -->
<subsystem name="telemetry"  type="transparent">
  <param name="MODEM_BAUD"   value="B57600">
</subsystem>

code in my airframe file.

Any ideas what should I change to avoid the error message?

Thank you.

Regards,

Roman

Roman Nikitin

Bristol Institute of Technology
University of the West of England
Aerospace Systems Engineering
email: address@hidden
Mob.: +44 (0) 7760806643

 please consider the environment before printing emails.