Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: NPS Simulator: IMU Simulation

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: NPS Simulator: IMU Simulation
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:17:45 +0100

Hi Matthew,

great to hear! We really need to work on the sim as well, help there would be very much appreciated!

Just some comments regarding licensing, etc.: Paparazzi is GPL, meaning that if you want to distribute/sell/share your work, according to the GPL you have to provide the source as well. If you just use it yourself at uni it is fine.
But of course it would be great if you could contribute your changes/additions/fixes, Paparazzi basically lives from that.
I also saw that you use the Vectornav VN-100 IMU and firmware library. I could not find any information on the license of the lib, so I'm not sure if we could actually put the parts of the lib we need into the paparazzi repo.
On the other hand we probably don't need much of that anyway.

Cheers, Felix