Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: NPS Simulator: IMU Simulation

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: NPS Simulator: IMU Simulation
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 23:52:43 +0100

Hi Matt,

So you are grabbing the accel and gyro values of the VN100? That is the IMU part.
But the VN100 also already does attitude estimation (probably heading as well if it has mag), that is already an AHRS (Attitude And Heading Reference System). The complementary (cmpl) filter does just that as well, estimate the attitude from the IMU measurements.
The INS does more, it estimates position, speed and acceleration as well (e.g. using GPS data as well). That is what hff (horizontal filter float) does in a primitive way.

Cheers, Felix