Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Distance covered

From: Reto Büttner
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Distance covered
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 08:48:13 +0200

Hi all,

I found a quick and dirty solution for post-flight analysis myself:

The log can be exported via a CSV to a spreadsheet program (e.g.
OpenOffice Calc or MS Excel). It is easer to take the relative
coordinates in meters rather than the absolute coordinates in WGS84.
With a simple formula (Pythagoras) the distance between two position
measurements can be calculated. These can be summed up for the whole
flight. Using this method I can precisely measure the flight
efficiency of my airframe (distance per energy).

If anyone knows how to display the covered flight distance in
real-time in the GCS, that still would be nice.

Cheers, Reto