Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ublox neo-6Q

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] ublox neo-6Q
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:10:04 -0700

Hi Felix, that was my thought. It was only the UTM for 4P that was the reason
for the differences.

Could we have like with modems (api or transparent) we have utm as a flag used
for 4p ? Default is non-utm.

Suggesting being: u-blox for GPS type. Then options that would include "utm"
for those with 4P modules.

Also I did not realize there was another configuration file out there for
quadrotor. If I remember correctly the only difference between fixed wing and
quad was the setting of the parameters around the speed of the module
(aircraft, car, pedestrian) in use. Quad needing low speed. However, thinking
abut a flight that could be a long distance would you not use the same config
as for fixed wing?

Lots to learn and know, and put on the WIki about GPS use with Paparazzi it
seems. :)

I also wish we could either have a collective source for u-blox modules. I
would have to promise to buy 1500 of them in 1 year to get pricing that would
be low enough. Right now I'm looking at over 100.00 each if purchased from
u-blox. I have no other sources.

I used to buy from rfdesigns but they are out of modules and I don't know when
/ if they will have them. FWIW: If you try putting them in the cart that's ok.
Go to "checkout" where you will see  the message of 0 units on hand.

Regards,
-David