[Paparazzi-devel] Question about paparazzi and fixed wing autopilot syst

From: Jochen Rieger
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Question about paparazzi and fixed wing autopilot system
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:57:36 +0200

Hello paparazzi community,

I am new in the world of autopilots and I have some questions.

-I could read in the software wish list that it is impossible to change individual waypoints while flying.
 Will be this available in near future?

-I plan a fixed wing with autopilot with following configurations:

Platform: Maja, two ailerons, two elevators, one rudder
RC-System: Futaba T6EXP FASST 7-channel
Camera live downlink
Fully telemetrie, include up-/downlink

Now i need the right autopilot, and there is my question. Which one is the most reliable? It should have an IMU, and of course work with the rc-equipment.

I thought about

Tiny v2 + Xsense or antoher IMU?
Lisa/L + Aspirin IMU or Booz?
Twog + which IMU?

What do you think about these? What are the dis-/advantages?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards.
Jonny