[Paparazzi-devel] BODY_TO_IMU Rotation for Hovering VTOL Fixed-wing

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] BODY_TO_IMU Rotation for Hovering VTOL Fixed-wing
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:19:24 -0700

All,

If I have a fixed-wing aircraft capable of hovering at high angle of attack (80-90 degrees), would it be possible for me to just change the BODY_TO_IMU rotation for theta to that angle of attack so that it could hover at that angle? I'm sure I'd have to adjust some PID gains for it to function properly. Also, if this is possible, would I have to worry about singularities at that angle even though I'm using complementary quaternions on the dev branch?

Best,
Chris