Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Incorrect Proportional Pitch Deflection, Correct D

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Incorrect Proportional Pitch Deflection, Correct Derivative Pitch Deflection
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 00:45:52 -0700

Felix,

This makes much more sense now. The AHRS uses quaternions, but the
control system uses Euler angle's which is why I'd still run into
singularities in the control system. Are there any plans to write a
control system using quaternions or do the "new" or "adaptive" control
schemes have a way to combat singularities? I have a feeling I know
the answer since you'd need a more exotic non-linear controller.
Unfortunately I only have basic knowledge of automatic control theory
from an undergraduate course. The attitude estimation looks correct
when I look at the PFD except for the times when issue 132 comes into
play, but I've learned to start up the autopilot in the proper
orientation. Thank you for the responses (and I'm sure at times my
questions must be tedious)! My colleagues are attempting to use the
GINA autopilot project from Berkeley/UMD and the community isn't
nearly as helpful as everyone here is!

Best,
Chris