Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Install on OSX Lion

From: bernard
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Install on OSX Lion
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 12:35:57 +1100

Hi Chris,

So I'm guessing from that lack of write permissions to /tmp that something
isn't quite right with the permissions on your Mac...
I'd run disk utility and check the and fix the permissions as this
"should" fix the permissions on /tmp to make the directory 0777
(Actually you'll find that /tmp is a sum link to /private/tmp and this
directory is the one with the permissions problem.
ls -la /private/
drwxrwxrwt   17 root  wheel   578 22 Feb 12:29 tmp

If Disk Utility doesn't fix it then a good old "sudo chmod 0777
/private/tmp" should do the trick.
I'm not sure what the t is on the end of the permissions so maybe "sudo
chmod a+wrx /private/tmp" might be better???

You shouldn't have any problems building or running paparazzi as a non
root user.

Cheers,
Bernie.