[Paparazzi-devel] Yaw Stabilization in AUTO1/2

From: Chris Wozny
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Yaw Stabilization in AUTO1/2
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 19:53:57 -0700

All,

I was wondering if there is a reason why there is no yaw stabilization
for aircraft equipped with rudders? When flying the aircraft in AUTO1
or AUTO2, I notice that the rudder doesn't respond to quick changes in
yaw like the elevons do when quickly pitching/rolling the aircraft. Is
there a reason for this? It seems like the rudder isn't used at all
for flight and it's mostly all elevons.

Also, is there a reason why one would want to control the rudder in AUTO2?

- Chris