Re: [Paparazzi-devel] [Lisa/L + MTi-G] vs [Lisa/L + MTi + GPS] (Rui Cost

From: Rui Costa
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] [Lisa/L + MTi-G] vs [Lisa/L + MTi + GPS] (Rui Costa)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:47:29 +0000

Yes, vibration is a big problem for gas engines. I will have to isolate the motor and also all the electronics.

best regards
Rui Costa

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Volodymyr Khudyakov <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Rui
Yes, IMU like XSens MTi-G or IG-500N from SBG System much more suitable for
you project. :))) Redundancy, reliability, stability - it's a good
investment of you money.
Pay attention for good vibroisolation - gas engines very fast kill all you
electronics - servos, battery, AP, IMU - everything you install on board.

About cost, approximation ...
Electronics: ~ 5000 EUR
Airframe: ~ 800 EUR
Engine: ~ 500 EUR
You time: invaluable, priceless :)))))

Sincerely
Vladimir

So, in terms of reliability the Xsens will be more suitable?

If this is true, off course, the choice is easy. The hidden costs of a
crash and the people safety are a big concern.

Thank you for your opinions.

For now I'm just doing a study of costs. But I hope in a near future to
begin his new project, and ill count with the help of this comunity. And
will try to document on the wiki all the steps.

Best regards
Rui Costa