Today, I have done some real flights with Paparazzi 4.1.0_testing (on a fixedwing) in order to test some of the new features and provide feedback to the list.
What I tested:
1 - Total energy control
2 - Improved gravity heuristic for int_cmpl_quat
3 - Updates on digital_cam and photogrammetry modules.
1 - Total energy control:
It is working fine. Again, these control loops are just awesome ! Christophe: do you think you could share here some info about advanced tuning of the total energy control loops ?
The only problem that I have noticed is that some airframe parameters are not affected to variables (ie: AUTO_PITCH_OF_AIRSPEED_PGAIN as an aiframe.xml parameter is not assigned to v_ctl_auto_pitch_of_airspeed_pgain).
Although, v_ctl_auto_pitch_of_airspeed_pgain is well updated when when change it in the GCS settings tab (energy_loop/P_pitch_air).
2 - Improved gravity heuristic for int_cmpl_quat:
I have done successful catapult launches. It worked flawlessly. Attitude:Theta seems to be much more realistic than before, but more tests are required.
I'm getting the telemetry at a low sampling rate, so I miss a lot of data during the launch period. Felix: I can so some tests at a higher data speed samplig rate if you want.
3 - Updates on digital_cam and photogrammetry modules: DC Shot photo numbers are in the yellow dots, that's a great feature, thanks Christophe !
I can test other features if you want, feel free to ask !