[Paparazzi-devel] change AP mode with joystick? #2

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] change AP mode with joystick? #2
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:24:19 +0200

I think i found an elegant solution.
I intercepted the mode field in "RC_4CH" message and replaced it with my variable.
This way the code behaves as expected when the datalink is lost.

      parse_rc_4ch_datalink(
          pprz_mode_joystick, //DL_RC_4CH_mode(dl_buffer),
          DL_RC_4CH_throttle(dl_buffer),
          DL_RC_4CH_roll(dl_buffer),
          DL_RC_4CH_pitch(dl_buffer),
          DL_RC_4CH_yaw(dl_buffer));

The previous method i used worked but it would not switch to AUTO2 when the datalink is lost. The reason for doing this is because usually joysticks don't have a three way switch but with this trick i can fully control the aircraft (and the camera) from the joystick, i think i am ready...
Any comments why i shouldn't do this welcomed.
Chris