Re: [Paparazzi-devel] dcm_float

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] dcm_float
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:48:18 +0100

Hello Cédric Marzer,

the dcm is currently not well integrated.
You have to prove that the IMU is very  exact mounted to the aircraft.
Changes for correct  angle in the aircraft xml file do not have a reaction!
Also the direction of the IMU must be right.
The magnetic yaw correction is currently wrong.
Please look after power on to rates of the gyros  (The have to be  in the range of 0.05 °/s)
Also the accelerations must be in the right oder.
If there are not it needed up to 2 minutes to get the angle right for setting  of  the feedback control loops.
Don't start in this time.
After power on roll and pitch angle  have to be zero!

We made a different set up procedure.
The aircraft is set to right attitude at power on.
After a few second we take the rate values as zero and z acceleration -9.82 m/s*s for the flight.
This work without any problems  (more than of 100h automatic flight time).
Lock at Christoph Niemanns repository if you want to do the same.

I think that yours IMU  have not the right orientation or a  sensor is defect.

Regads
Heinrich

Cédric Marzer (privé) schrieb:

Hi all,

I have been flying my « zagi like » flying wing yesterday. After two circles I went back to FBW mode and I was hardly able to turn to the left anymore.

I think there must be some drifting or erratic compensation of the centrifugal force. I followed that link http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/ImuCalibration to make sure the IMU was positioned correctly.

I will try to switch to int_cmpl_quat to check if I get a similar behaviour for the next flight.

BTW I still use version 4.0.1

Cédric