Re: [Paparazzi-devel] alt_hold - lisa_m + bmp085

From: Gerard Toonstra
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] alt_hold - lisa_m + bmp085
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 09:56:19 -0300

Just catching up on this…

Barometers are also light sensitive, so changes in light intensity can cause rather sudden altitude swings.

The DJI Naza uses the MS5611. I've got one here installed on a TBS Discovery. When the left side of the controller unit
is not taped off with black electrical tape and the sun hits the bark, the altitude will change rather suddenly by 1-2meters.
When taped, the altitude is very precise within a decimeter of variance.