Re: [Paparazzi-devel] UDP communication testing

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] UDP communication testing
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 20:23:43 +0200

Hi Fauzi,

I'm not quite clear on what exactly you want to do...
Can you elaborate? What exactly do you mean with changing the target altitude label?

Do you just want to send a new command to the (simulated) aircraft to set a new target altitude?
If so, you don't need to go through the GCS, you can just write your own program that posts messages (e.g. change to a different flight plan block or change a waypoint) to the Ivy bus, which will then be forwarded to the aircraft. Have a look at http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Overview#System_Architecture

There is some information on how this works on http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/DevGuide/Server_GCS_com
To e.g. change a waypoint send the MOVE_WAYPOINT ground message via ivy.
You can take a look at e.g. sw/in_progress river_tracking or button on how to send such messages via ivy from C.
Or sw/ground_segment/python/udp_link for some python examples...

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Felix