[Paparazzi-devel] GPS_PORT_ID

From: Ben Laurie
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS_PORT_ID
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 11:38:43 +0100

I'm working on fixing the problem with u-blox over USB.

conf/modules/gps_ubx_ucenter.xml has this line:

    <define name="GPS_PORT_ID" value="GPS_PORT_UART2" description=""/>

but as far as I can tell, this value is not actually used anywhere
(that is, GPS_PORT_ID is not actually set by this line).

How is this supposed to work?

Likewise, ardrone2_raw.makefile has:

GPS_PORT           ?= UART1

which actually does appear to be used. But does not define GPS_PORT_ID
- which is probably correct, since it seems its talking about a
different kind of UART, but ... rather confusing!