Re: [Paparazzi-devel] A few JTAG probes available

From: Karoly Molnar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] A few JTAG probes available
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 05:35:59 +0100

Hi,

I have received 5 requests so far. So the stock is empty for now. I will contact the people in concern for the details.

Regards
Karoly

On 15 Jan 2014, at 15:26, "Karoly Molnar" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello,

I have built a number of Black Magic JTAG probes for personal use and to sponsor a local hackerspace. I have 4 more that I can send you guys. For free.

Some details:
I have been struggling for long time with a slow crappy JTAG probe and decided to purchase a Black Magic probe. However I could not find a distributor in Europe also the vendor did not respond to my query if there is anyone selling it in EU. So I took advantage of the open source hardware and built it for myself, also built some more to give it away.
This is not a 1:1 copy of the BlackMagic or the BlackMagic Mini, but made some changes for my convenience, while keeping the basic functionality intact. I have re-designed it for 1206 SMD parts for the easier manual assembly, and used another STM32F1 variant because I had some in my drawer from another project. I have added a CAN interface and another 2.54mm raster connector, too.  It is available here https://github.com/molnarkares/blackmagic/tree/master/hardware/contrib/lyorak

It is not likely that I would ever manufacture more, so ask while the stock lasts :)  I just want to give back some to the Paparazzi project that made me so much fun in the past years.  Important: please check if your autopilot hardware supports JTAG or SWD debugging. The LISA series and Apogee does. As I see Krooz, Umarim, TWOG does not.

Please drop me a mail if you want one of the 4 probes. I will cover the cost of the shipping, too.

Regards
Karoly