Re: [Paparazzi-devel] quadroter spektrum example firmwares

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] quadroter spektrum example firmwares
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 21:03:10 +0100

Hi Jake,

some AHRS subsystems [1] like int_cmpl_quat use the normalized vector of the local magnetic field to compute the heading [2].
You can either set this "by hand" for the location you fly in your airframe file, or let the geo_mag module compute it for you (takes a little time at startup).
No additional/different hardware needed, just the mag...

Hope that helps,
Felix

[1] https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Subsystem/ahrs
[2] https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Subsystem/ahrs#Local_Magnetic_Field