Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Checking if the "tunnel" is still working

From: onefastdaddy
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Checking if the "tunnel" is still working
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:33:02 -0800 (PST)

I guess I will add this as maybe it's a Linux Mint issue and may help solve
both.

Trying to run everything (GCS, Server, DataLink) I get a failure with Data
Link and this:
RUN '/home/david/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link  -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -s
57600'
RUN '/home/david/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/server '
RUN '/home/david/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/cockpit/gcs '
Failure("Error opening modem serial device : fd < 0 (/dev/ttyUSB0)")
Broadcasting on network 127.255.255.255, port 2010

FAILED '/home/david/paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/tmtc/link' with code 1

Fatal error: exception Sys_error("Is a directory")

That part about Sys_error is a directory is a bit odd. Plugging in the FTDI
board I confirmed it is there at /dev/ttyUSB0.

Probably something simple. Just writing this as a note in case someone who
has Mint can test for me they are not having this issue.

OS: Mint 16 KDE
Autopilot: UmarimLiteV1
Arframe: vanilla umarim lite airframe file from examples
FTDI adapter and cable used to the Umarim

All hardware is known to work prior to this along with the cables.

David