Re: [Paparazzi-devel] stm32f4 discovery

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] stm32f4 discovery
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 17:14:34 +0100

No idea what this dfuERROR is...

To more conveniently flash the stm32f4_discovery board I would suggest to use the STLink interface which is already on the board: https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/STM32F4_Discovery#STLINK

Cheers, Felix

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Iman <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello

Today I spent some time on stm32f4 discovery board to run it by paparazzi
code, Now I have some basic questions:

-When I upload the code by DFU-Util I get this error but its working and
SYS_LED blinking:

cd sw/airborne; /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make
TARGET=test_lis302dl upload
Using "arch/stm32/apogee.ld" as ldscript for target "test_lis302dl".
Using dfu-util at 0x08000000
No valid DFU suffix signature
Warning: File has no DFU suffix
dfu-util 0.7

Copyright 2005-2008 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2012 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to address@hidden

Filter on vendor = 0x0483 product = 0xdf11
Opening DFU capable USB device... ID 0483:df11
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Found DFU: [0483:df11] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="@Internal Flash
/0x08000000/04*016Kg,01*064Kg,07*128Kg"
Claiming USB DFU Interface...
Setting Alternate Setting #0 ...
*Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 10
dfuERROR, clearing status*
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
dfuIDLE, continuing
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 2048
DfuSe interface name: "Internal Flash  "
Downloading to address = 0x08000000, size = 7688
File downloaded successfully

DONE 'make -C /Users/imanshirdareh/paparazzi -f Makefile.ac AIRCRAFT=STM32
FLASH_MODE=DFU-UTIL test_lis302dl.upload'

-This is the first time I'm using paparazzi on a STM32 arch. perviously I
worked by LPC base AP like YAPA, so uploading firmware was very easy just by
connecting USB but now I must using two wire to trig it in DFU mode every
time. Is there any better way?

Thanks
Iman