Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi Lisa/M v2 magnetometer not working?

From: oberthold
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] paparazzi Lisa/M v2 magnetometer not working?
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:34:38 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I have a paparazzi Lisa/M v2.0 (W/ Aspirin V2.1) which I am having
> troubles getting the magnetometer working properly.
>
> What I am doing to test & try getting it all worked out is via the
> telemetry link I have set up via an xbee modem, and using the GCS
> (ground control station) to change the flight mode to raw_sensors, the
> monitor the responses in the "messages" window.
>
> So the gyroscope works great, as does the accelerometer (which I
> calibrated and put the results in my airframe file) but the magnetometer
> DOES have values for it, but they never change, no matter how I orient
> the craft  (quadcopter) [X configuration] do the values change.
> HOWEVER, what is weird is that whenever the Lisa/M is power-cycled, then
> switched back into raw_sensors mode, the values are different.  So it's
> like they work....  but don't update.
>
> Any clue what could be wrong?

just adding to this: i seem to have the exact same problem, only i
wasn't describing it as verbosely [1]. so setting telemetry to
raw_sensors and observing the ACC/GYRO/MAG values the former two are ok
but MAG values don't change (in about 8 out of 10 power
cycles, lisa/m v2, aspirin v2.2, current master).

bst, opt

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2014-07/msg00011.html