[Paparazzi-devel] Help me contribute

From: Garrosh
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Help me contribute
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 14:34:14 -0700 (MST)

Hello everyone,

As part of my cursus for my bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, we
are required to design and validate a prototype, which is in our case a
mechanical hummingbird. We are nearing completion, and our scheduled date
for the thing to fly is in December. Of course, we are using paparazzi as an
autopilot (at my request), and we (I) would like to contribute something
back to the community.

I figure that since hummingbirds and other flapping wing type drones may
become increasingly popular in years to come, that it would be greatly
beneficial for our future if we could incorporate a "flappingwing" airframe
configuration, in addition to the existing "fixedwing" and "rotorcraft". I
have tried fairly extensively to create this new structure, and was reminded
that the main objective of our project did not include contributing to the
community, after spending a few weeks on that project.

So my request is simple: is there anyone out there that I could communicate
with and get this problem sorted out? I do have about 15 hours each week,
for 3 months, to spend on the code to get our bird in the air, and I would
really appreciate it if someone else could benefit from that.