Re: [Paparazzi-devel] News of the world

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] News of the world
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 14:07:08 +0100

The motor consumption during the climb was about 200W, draining 20 to 30 Amps, which is fine for the speed controllers we have selected as long as they are cooled by the airflow. Because of the snow and the icy fog, we had to close all the air inlets to protect the electronic boards, thinking that an outside temperature between 0 and -10 would be enough.
Finally, it wasn't, and after 5 minutes of climbs, they were entering protection mode, limiting the power to about 100W.
We are now modifying the planes to add a cooling plate on the ESC, also in contact with the outside air.

Gautier