[Paparazzi-devel] Battery monitoring

From: Amir Ashrafizadeh
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Battery monitoring
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 01:28:56 -0400

Hello everyone,
I am enjoying getting my autopilot up and running and every piece of the puzzle that starts to work opens another issue :P which is exciting to figure out. I had issues with my radio and GPS and with the help of you guys all is working now! Thanks again.
Now I have a question regarding the battery monitoring. I was under the impression that it is good practice to power the autopilot with a BEC instead of powering it directly through the battery. The issue with this approach is that the autopilot reads a constant 5 v from the battery all the time. Should I be powering the apogee board directly with the battery? If not, how should I send the battery voltage to the autopilot?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Amir