[Paparazzi-devel] Ar.Drone 2 session stuck at "Waiting for telemetry"

From: Riccardo Paolo Bestetti
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Ar.Drone 2 session stuck at "Waiting for telemetry"
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 17:15:56 +0200

Hello,
I'm trying to start an Ar.Drone 2 session from the default files.
The only changes I made so far are changing the GPS type to sirf and removing the ublox module from the airframe file.

Build & upload are successful, but when I start the session the software gets stuck at "waiting for telemetry" as if the drone doesn't send any data back.

I really have no idea where to start debugging the problem. Does the ap program on the Drone output error messages somewhere?

Also, I'm trying to understand the build system, and there is something I don't get: where do the various makefiles take the "default" configuration values from? And how can I manually vary them for a particular airframe?
For example, when the ap program for the Ar.Drone is built, the flags "USE_UDP0", "UDP0_HOST", "UDP0_PORT_IN", etc. are correctly set (looking at the compiler flags from the ap_srcs.list file), but I don't see them defined anywhere in the configuration files.

Regards,
--- Riccardo Paolo Bestetti