[Paparazzi-devel] GPS data via UDP

From: cTrippen
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS data via UDP
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 22:08:48 -0700 (MST)

Good day all,
 I am looking at sending GPS data over the network to my AR Drone2.0 from a
computer other than my GCS. It appears that using gps_udp.c is a good place
to start. Is this correct, and does sending the data this way replace the
need for an actual GPS module ie it will get past the 'Wait GPS' block?

Looking at gps_nmea.c, the system is looking for 4 types of NMEA sentence,
RMC, GGA, GSA and GSV.
 Is there a requirement to send these in a particular order/pattern?

My uBlox M8N is currently sending out
$GNRMC,$GNVTG,$GNGGA,$GNGSA,$GNGSA,$GPGSV,$GPGSV,$GPGSV,$GLGSV,$GLGSV,$GLGSV,$GNGLL,
 so I think I can safely ignore VTG and GLL, and possible only include
either GPGSV or GLGSV sentences.

I am also having trouble reading the _udp_gps_payload structure, presuming
that is how I will have to format the overall message. Can anyone explain
this part, please?

Regards
Carl