paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] API_23_ALPHA_2_1

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] API_23_ALPHA_2_1
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:12:45 +0100

>>> "Christopher K. St. John" <address@hidden> 25-Jun-01
6:30:32 PM >>>

   $ cvs update -r API_23_ALPHA_2_1
   $ patch gnu/paperclips.boot.WebappInitializer.java

I presume the patch is something you're working on.

 $ make
   bin/gnugetopt.jar(gnu/getopt/Getopt.java):377:
    class Getopt is public, should be declared in a
    file named Getopt.java

Hmm... that's odd. Why don't I get that?

Here's a transcript of what I just did on my working copy, which is
the same as the HEAD branch (though I did this earlier on the ALPHA
branch and it was fine).

  bash-2.03$ rm paperclips.jar
  bash-2.03$ rm bin/paperclips.jar
  bash-2.03$ rm -r bin/gnu
  bash-2.03$ make
    javac -classpath bin/servlet.jar:bin/aelfred-xml.jar:
              bin/gnusocketserv.jar:bin/gnugetopt.jar:
              bin/ -d bin @filelist.mak
    Note: 7 files use or override a deprecated API.
    Recompile with "-deprecation" for details.
    1 warning
  cd bin; jar xf gnugetopt.jar
  cd bin ; jar xf gnusocketserv.jar
  cd bin ; jar xf servlet.jar
  jar cfm paperclips.jar bin/manifest.mf \
     -C bin gnu                          \
     -C bin org                          \
     -C bin xml                          \
     -C bin javax

That worked fine for me.

   $ java -jar paperclips.jar --docroot /home/cks/distributopia/rss
   gnupaperclips/:   OK. The server is up: 20 handlers on 7171 port

   but - looks like WWW servlet not getting registered,
   so no documents are served trying to access the server
   through netscape gives you  "the document contained no
   data" errors, and telnet'ing directly to  the socket returns in
   a socket closed on any input.

Wierd. Is there some compile issue? Have you tired using the
paperclips.jar that comes in CVS?

Try it:

  cd paperclips
  rm paperclips.jar
  cvs update
  java -jar paperclips.jar --docroot /home/cks/etc...

Nic