paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] gnu-socketserver from source?

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] gnu-socketserver from source?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:02:05 +0100

>>> "Christopher K. St. John" <address@hidden> 26-Jun-01
3:49:29 AM >>>

    I co'ed the gnu-socketserver code from cvs, compiled
    it up, and attempted to use it with gnu-paperclips. It
   didn't work. Is is supposed to? If not, which version of
   the socketserver code should I be using?

That one should work, I'm testing it now.

    What's up with declaring stuff in javax.net? That's
    normally strictly verboten, makes me nervous. Something
    to do with getting it running under non-Sun jvm's?

It's a free implementation of javax.net. I probably need some
autoconf stuff to use Sun's implementation via a switch.

We also have a free implementation of javax.servlet.

See the classpath extensions project for more info:

   http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/

Nic