paperclips-discuss

Re: [Paperclips-discuss] adding ant support to paperclips

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Paperclips-discuss] adding ant support to paperclips
Date: 10 Sep 2002 21:59:17 +0100

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fabr=EDcio?= Matheus =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gon=E7alves?=
<address@hidden> writes:

> Ant is in the Debian woody, that is enough to me.
>
> I have some questions...
> I need exclude some files from source dir, like gnu/inet/udptools/**
> from been compiled, because that is not ready, i think.
> But i could use a includesfile=filelist if you have one.
> I dont know what is or where look for version number, so i let
> version=cvs.
> Im putting paperclips.jar and api directory (with javadocs) inside dist
> directory, insted root dir, but this is easy of change.
> Tell me if you need some more targets:
>
> Buildfile: build.xml
> Main targets:
>
>  clean      Cleans up build and dist directories
>  compile    Compiles the source code
>  dist       Creates distribution .jar files
>  distclean  Cleans up everything
>  dump-info  Echoes useful system properties
>  init       Initialize
>  javadoc    Creates the API documentation
>  run        Starts the server

Thanks for this. I may alter it a bit to make it conform to GNU
autoconf standards (so you'll still have to run autoconf to deliver
Paperclips). Perhaps you can help me work out how best to do that (so
it can be portable for people who don't have autoconf).

I've got some changes to check in over the next few days (completion
of logging configuration and a new easy to use xml startup class) so
I'll check in the ant script then.

Nic