paperclips-discuss

[Paperclips-discuss] latest checkins

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Paperclips-discuss] latest checkins
Date: 25 Sep 2002 20:40:30 +0100

There are quite a few fixes that I've checked in recently.

These are building up to another RC which will quickly be followed by
a release (finally!).

I'm hoping to then start work on a GCJ build and will start doing
other things, eg: Apache compatible logging with the WebLog filter (if
anyone's interested in that let me know).

The GCJ build will, I hope, facilitate some speed improvements,
particularly in the static file serving area. I plan to implement a
static file serving web server servlet in C++ and integrate it into
Paperclips (as a config choice at build time). I hope I can make it
talk as directly as possible to the native Socket and thus be quick.

This is partly to test my theory that the real performance problem
with java servers is not thread switching but the layers of IO.

I'm affraid I haven't had time to integrate the ANT build. I'll try
and look at it this week.

If anyone fancies looking at the latest logging changes and updating
the documentation that would be useful.

Nic